Madi is based on 20 acres at Bungendore, near Canberra where she runs her business, Birchwood Equestrian. She has a team of 3 Mini Prix and Grand Prix horses and a few young horses. She trains young jumping horses for clients, competes sales horses, pre-trains thoroughbreds and teaches flat work and showjumping lessons.
Madi’s major competitive achievements include:
- Represented Australia at the Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires in 2018.
- Four times Australian Young Rider Champion; on Fernhill Zinzan, Ciel and Camie Z.
- 2021 Australian Futurity Champion, Balentino.
- 2022 Victorian Mini Prix Champion (Camie Z) and Victorian Futurity Champion (Balentino)
- 2018 Australian Junior Champion, JT Valentina.
- 5th, 6th and 7th in World Cup Qualifiers, 1st in Tamworth Grand Prix and NSW Mini Prix Champion on Oaks Kosmo during 2018 and 2019.
- Represented Australia in Asian Junior Games in Hong Kong 2017, Korea Junior Team in 2016 and twice on Australian Young Rider Teams in New Zealand.
- 2021 Stal Top Young Rider Series Champion.
Madi grew up riding horses with her sister on the family farm and at Condobolin Pony Club in western NSW. She participated in many disciplines including sporting, campdrafting, dressage, eventing and jumping.
After finishing school in 2018 Madi worked at Yandoo Equestrian for a year, grooming and riding their horses. In March 2020 she flew to Holland to work for Edwina Tops Alexander for 3 months. Unfortunately her trip was cut very short by Covid 19. With plans changed she spent most of 2020 riding for James Arkins at Rosthwaite Farm. In late 2020 Madi moved to Canberra to ride for Izzy Stone at Ouverture Sport Horses. Her own team of horses was growing in 2021 which is when she decided to start her own business, Birchwood Equestrian.